Monday, March 12, 2012

Progress Report (Beginning of Week 7)

Glad it's a recovery week where I'll ONLY have about 11 hours of total volume.
I'm coming off two weeks of a little more than 29 hours of total volume. Most of it isn't super high intense, but I think my body has taken a beating trying to acclimate to this volume.

  • My Achilles pain in my left foot is gone, but it's moved over to the inside of my left ankle (the tendon that connects the ankle to the lower calf muscle) which has been a bit painful. I will continue to ice as often as I can.
  • I had some tightness on the inside of my right knee yesterday morning. I can really feel it when I straighten my leg out all the way...like when I'm stretching it. Going to try and ice that as much as I can. 
  • My right hip is a little tight, but I don't think that's going to be an issue.
  • The muscles lining the tops of my shoulder blades are REALLY sore. I'm going to see a chiropractor tomorrow to get all fixed up. No doubt I'm in some discomfort because of the 15+ hours I've spent in the "aero" position the last two weeks.

Other than that I feel pretty good. Been getting good sleep and eating VFBNS primarily which is helping with my recovery.

About 10 weeks until race day...my biggest concern right now (above and beyond my small physical issues) is when or if I'm going to get my Shiv anytime soon. I get knots in my stomach every time I think about it.

After riding 160 miles the last two weeks followed by 4.5 mile runs, I'm starting to be able to wrap my head around 2.4, 112, 26.2. It's going to hurt, but at least I'm gaining confidence that I can actually physically do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment