Saturday, June 25, 2011

Hours on the Bike

Had a couple of buckwheat pancakes for breakfast (buckwheat, banana, blueberry, hemp protein, ground flaxseed, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, water). My daughter LOVES them.
Taught RPM at 9:30.

Lunch was celery and almond butter, black eyed peas (soaked overnight and cooked this morning), and a salad (romaine, spinach, sliced zucchini, tomato, diced onions and creamy ginger salad dressing - hemp oil, apple cider vinegar, tahini, water, grated ginger, nutritional yeast). Love that dressing. Also had a nori sheet torn up in my salad.

Rode 35.15 miles in 1:50:54. Right at 19 mph. 102 degrees. 20 mph wind with gusts. Pretty brutal but love the quality miles. I'm planning on upping my mileage about 10 miles per week (on Saturday ride) until Tour de Gap which will get me ready for Hotter 'n Hell 100 in August and the Half IM in October. Had a smoothie after ride (frozen banana, blueberries, agave nectar, hemp protein, hemp oil, ground flaxseed, water, ice, ground rooibos). Awesome drink. Saved half of it to drink tonight.

Dinner will be another salad like I had for lunch and maybe a small bowl of the black eyed peas. Then I'll have some celery and almond butter tonight or a small bowl of oatmeal.
Rest day tomorrow!

--
Mark Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment