Thursday, February 2, 2012

Week 1, Day 4 - 16 week full IM training

Woke at 7:30 AM. Went to visit my mom in hospital.
Major gas from the stupid protein bars.

Long run:
8x800s with rest as long as interval takes

10' warmup (5 laps)
each interval is two laps plus 1 recover lap, 3 total
10' cooldown (5 laps)
Total of 8.5 miles. Took me 1:07:40 (had to rest an extra minute in there because I had to stop and relieve myself thanks to the stupid protein bars...stomach felt terrible during run).
fastest was 2:56, slowest was 3' (did that three times). I usually build up to this workout with 5 800s, then 6, etc...jumped right in to 8.
Super forceful dry heaves when I finished the 8th one. Ran on Plano track so not a place I'm a stranger to throwing up after/during a run.
Although I didn't feel great, I'm happy that I was able to knock out this session with absolutely no build up and get them all at or under 3'.

Decided to juice today because of how bad my stomach feels.
Didn't eat anything all day until 8 PM when I made a juice: beets, carrots, apples, broccoli, cucumber, sweet potato, kale, red chard

No comments:

Post a Comment