Saturday, February 4, 2012

Week 1, Day 6 - 16 week full IM training

Woke at 7:30 AM. Lazy morning.
Don't feel nearly as bloated and full as I thought I would. Only thing not VFBNS from yesterday was a tortilla, piece of bread, chips...I think that has a lot to do with it. Normally after a night that I feel that full, I still feel bloated and cruddy the next morning.

CF WOD
10x2 shoulder press
60" rest between intervals...weights listed below. I need to work on my shoulder strength...I'm weak.

Long bike
3 hours - an adventure to say the least.
Took off with JB at 1 PM from my house. Planning to ride northwest (up towards Hawley) for 30 miles then turn around. Upper 40s...20 mph steady wind out of the NE. Fought against that wind for 1:42 minutes when JB's back tire went flat. We pulled over, fixed the flat, made it 2 more miles to the 30 mile mark (just a few miles south of Anson) and turned around. Five minutes later we had to stop again because JB's tire was flat again.

Of course, I didn't have my changing kit. JB found someone to come pick him up in Hawley and I rode the 25+ miles home with no cell phone, no tire changing bag, and fighting against the stupid wind which seemed to be coming more from out of the east and I was heading right back into it. Ended up being out for a total of 3:55, and rode just under 60 miles. Pretty spent when I got home. Longest I've ridden since before the bike wreck (9/24) was 35 miles back in December. Lower back never was an issue. Felt OK considering the stinking wind.

JB made it home OK. Lesson learned: don't forget your tire changing kit, and take extra CO2 cartridges b/c if I'd had mine, we could have at least gotten JB to Hawley so we didn't have to have Bobbie take him there in her mini van.

Menu:
after CF - blueberries, almond milk, hemp seed, flax seed, hemp protein, apple skins...all processed.
Made apple walnut surprise from Disease Proof Your Child. Both girls had it for breakfast: apples, walnuts, raisins, cinnamon, flaxseed...super good. Planning on having it tonight after dinner.
Dinner: large salad, creamy carrot soup, beans, corn and salad (dinner at friends house), apple walnut surprise, frozen fruit, handful of blue corn chips, few handfuls of "Hole-n-Oats" cereal. Not super full when I went to bed...a much better feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment