Monday, April 9, 2012

Week 11, Day 1 - 16 week full IM training

Bed at around midnight. Woke at 6:45 AM.

Feeling crummy that I missed the run yesterday.
The next six weeks are the climactic weeks of the training. I've got about three more long, intense weeks before I start tapering off.

It's crunch time.

Recovery swim
3,500 yards
1:10
WU - 2 x (4x 100, 100 kick) on 15" rest (took me 21 minutes)
MS - 10 x 200 on 20" rest
CD - 500
All 200s were in the 3:20-3:30 range. Probably the best swim of my life. Felt fast. Stroke count was low (13-15 per 25 yards). Never really got tired. Something has clicked in the water. I feel great swimming.

Again, not to say that I'm going to post a fast swim time, just that I'm confident and will come out of the drink refreshed and ready to go another 10 hours.

John and I are planning to swim at Fort Phantom on Sunday and two weeks from Sunday in our wet suits for about an hour.

Menu
post-swim - water with chlorella (1 tsp)
dinner - salad, cooked veggies, lentils/pico de gallo (cutting back on my servings of legumes - been eating more than 1 cup, cutting that back to about half) - ended up being 3/4 c dry
snack - oatmeal, LARA bars, cashews

VFBNS day...first one in a while...feel good.

Last six weeks...time to get serious. No sugar, no oil, no processed anything from no until after the race. I need to lose about 10 pounds, which shouldn't be hard with the volume I'm about to undertake.

No comments:

Post a Comment