Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Reasons for 15 day Juice Fast

I'm not any sort of amazing athlete or physical specimen of any kind. I mean, I was second team all-team for the ACU Wildcats in 2000 (1-9 that year) but that was 12 years ago (by the way that means I was a backup).

So I'd like to think I've maybe proven some sort of point: that an excellent nutritional regimen can lead to faster recover times, which lead to more productive training, which allow my body to handle greater amounts of stress, which allowed me to finish an Ironman feeling great with energy to burn (yet I didn't have much more skin to burn). And that's not even getting into what cutting out animal products does for the environment and our communities...that's another blogger on another soap box.

All that being said, I'm doing another 15 day juice fast for two reasons:
1. I want to give my body the most densely nutritious source of energy on the planet during my two weeks of recovery in which I will do little more than ride my bike a few miles or swim a few hundred yards at a time, and
2. To try and get people to think about what they put in their mouths everyday...and if they decide that there's room to change, to make small changes.

Every single cell in all of our bodies are made up of exclusively what we eat and drink everyday.
So, please, put this blog on your favorites if you're so inclined...follow my progress...and see that "extreme" nutrition may not be as extreme as you think it is.

I'm not anything special. I'm a regular guy. If I can do juice fasts, and Ironman triathlons...so can you. I absolutely believe that.

No comments:

Post a Comment