Sunday, April 22, 2012

Pre game Meal experiment

I can make it 5-7 hours on a blended salad one prior to start of workout and a banana a 1/2 hour before...but throw in a 2.4 mile swim and an additional 5-7 hours...and I'm thinking I may need to start consuming calories on May 19 a little earlier than 1 hour prior.

I don't want something heavy.
I don't want something too liquidy...like a smoothie or something.
I don't want too much.
I don't want too little.

So I'm experimenting with things I'm going to eat at 4 AM on race day.

My first experiment may be pretty close to the final product.
How about eating this for a healthy breakfast:

1/2 c blueberries
1/2 banana
1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
1 tbsp walnuts
2 tbsp hemp protein
1/2 c oatmeal
2 tbsp carob powder
juice of 1 lemon
Bowl of spinach
3 strawberries

All put into a food processor and mixed together. It was pretty good. Just a variation of my recovery pudding with additional fruit, oatmeal, spinach...

So the plan is to eat this at 4 AM...then have a blended salad at 6 AM...a banana at 6:30 AM. Race starts at 7 AM.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment