Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Week 2, Day 3 - 16 week full IM training

Woke at 8 AM.
Pretty sore from last two days. Legs are killing me. Felt good when I woke up though...other than that.

Long Run
10x800
WU: 5 laps in roughly 10 minutes
MS: 10x800 resting as long as interval takes
2:58
2:59
3:03
3:01
3:01
3:01
2:59
3:01
2:59
2:53

Super cold this afternoon in Amarillo. Ran on Palo Duro track. Ran with long pants on for first three. Ran with just tights on legs (and compression sox) and a tight,  Nike base layer up top. Also ran first five with a thick Nike beanie on my head. Not thrilled with the five intervals just over 3' but I didn't have any GI distress and my legs are REALLY sore.

Overall, happy with the workout. I either rested as long as interval took, or (if it took 3+ minutes) I only rested 3 minutes  max. Took me 1:19:17 total. 40 laps.

Menu:
3 trips through Jason's Deli - all raw veggies and nuts/seeds
Can of no salt added kidney beans.
3 coconut dates. Bowl of homemade trail mix: pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, cashews, dried cherries, raisins.
Dried mangos, frozen cherries, 2 bananas.
VFBNS day...feeling good.

No comments:

Post a Comment